Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I've never participated in a Top Ten Tuesday post before, but that's because I usually can't think of 10 things to list. This Tuesday's post was different. Everyone bookworm has bookish confessions - for me, it was just a matter of deciding which ones I wanted to share with you guys.
So here ya go, my top ten bookish confessions:
1. I love hard covers. So much so, that if I own the book in soft cover and come across the hard cover at a thrift store or in the bargain section of the book stores, I will buy the hard cover to replace the soft cover.
2. Before I purchase a hard cover, I always remove the dust jacket to look at the cover/spine just to see how visually pleasing it is or isn’t. But I never actually remove the dust jackets once I get them home.
3. I was 16 years old when I read Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I loved the book and I fell in love with Jamie Fraser. Now, 10+ years later, I am married and my husband’s name is James Fraser. Crazy.
4. I always have a book with me, wherever I go. Even if I’m just going over to a friend’s house – you never know - they could get a really important phone call and I’d just be sitting there for 20 minutes wishing I had a book with me.
5. I look forward to waiting in the waiting room before appointments just so I can read my book. I also look forward to flying, just for the (mostly) uninterrupted reading time.
6. I have only read the first 3 Harry Potter Books. I was reading them as they were being released, but then I fell behind and the movies started coming out. I told myself I wanted to re-read the first HP book before the movie and that never happened. This is what I said before each movie. And now I tell anyone who will listen that I plan to have a huge Harry Potter reading/movie watching marathon in which I will read each book, followed by its movie. This hasn’t happened yet, but it’s on my bucket list!
7. I think it’s really weird when people don’t have any books in their home. I get it, you don’t read a lot, or you use the library, but everyone should own a few books, even if it’s just coffee table books!
8. It makes me sad that I will die before I can read ALL the books. When I was really young, I believed that I could read every book in the library and for a few months, I took out books starting on the top shelf of the ‘A's.
9. When my husband (boyfriend at the time) and I were moving from the East Coast of Canada, back to the West Coast, he made me lift up all my boxes of books and decide which boxes felt the heaviest. The top 10 heaviest boxes came in the truck with us because hubby didn't want to pay the movers to ship the books across the country for a second time. Seriously. I think we saved maybe 10 bucks.
10. If I’ve been to an author reading and hear them read out-loud parts of their book, I will then read the entire book in said author’s voice. So if they have a British accent, I will read the book with a British accent in my head.
Tell me: What are your bookish confessions?!