The Royal We is loosely based on the love story of Prince William and Kate. Bex, an American attending Oxford University, falls for another student who just so happens to be Prince Nicolas. Before Bex knows it, she's immersed in all things ritzy and fancy, while also dealing with tabloids, ex-girlfriends, and the rising pressure of what life in the royal family is really like. On the eve of her wedding, Bex contemplates whether everything she has sacrificed for love and her relationship with Prince Nicolas is worth it.
If you're new to book club, then welcome! You can read more about book club in this post, but here's the gist of it:
- Book Club for The Royal We will be on July 6. My post with review and thoughts, along with some discussion questions, will go live the morning of. I'm giving us all an extra week to read this book since it's a bit longer than our last few and I know people are busier this time of year.
- Come visit the post, share your feelings and opinions on the book and participate in the discussion! (Of course, participation isn't mandatory - you're more than welcome to just read along quietly!)
- There will be a link-up for bloggers who have written their own review post, or have reviewed the book in another post. You can use this graphic to link back, or grab my button from my side bar. Writing a post is totally optional and not mandatory.
- EVERYONE is welcome! You do not have to have a blog to participate. My blog is just the space where I host the book club, but I encourage everyone to join :)
- On July 6, we will vote for August's book pick. If you have any books you'd like to suggest for voting on, please let me know and I will try to include them!
- Most importantly, have fun! There's no pressure or obligation to "sign-up" or "RSVP". You can choose to read the book now, or closer to the date we meet to talk about it. It doesn't matter to me!
- For my local friends: there are 13 copies of the Royal We at the Calgary Library, but only about 3 copies available at this time, so get your holds in! There are copies of the e-book at the library, but the hold list is a bit longer. You can also order this book through Chapters (<---affiliate link) and it was just released in trade paperback (and apparently has a bonus chapter), or Amazon.
I hope you'll be joining us this month! If you have any questions, please ask! Otherwise, happy reading and see you back here in 5 weeks to discuss The Royal We!