October 19, 2016

A Day in the Life of a 2.5 Year Old

OK so, confession time: this post has been sitting in my drafts for almost two months and it just slipped my mind. Or I just got lazy because half of the photos weren't yet uploaded. Anyway. Not a lot has changed in our day to day and I love having these posts to look back on, so even though this was from a day right around when Sully turned two and a half (two months ago), I'm still posting it! Also, I can't believe the last post I did like this was when he was 14 months old. He was so little then!

Here we go...a riveting regular ol' day in the life of a 2.5 year old and a stay at home mom.


08:30: I wake up. I could use this time to start getting ready before Sully calls for me, but I don't. I lay in bed and check my phone.

08:45: Go get Sully who's now yelling "MAMA!!" I change his diaper and we head downstairs for breakfast.

09:00 - 09:15: Eat breakfast.

09:15 - 09:30: Head back upstairs to get us both dressed and ready to head out.

09:45 - 10:20: Drive to my doctor's appointment. This is the last one with my family doctor before I meet my OB in a few weeks.
10:30 - 11:45: Get groceries! 
Sully loves putting money into this dog and then always says "where'd it go?!" and tries to look underneath the dog, haha!
11:45 - 12:10: Grab coffee from the drive-thru and head home.
12:15: Sully helps me unpack all the groceries. He loves exclaiming over what every item is or asking what it is. 
12:30: We eat lunch. Leftover pasta and meat sauce for Sully, and leftover steak and carrots for me.
13:00: Sully helps me unload the dishwasher. He LOVES this job and takes it very seriously. My only job is to stand at the appropriate shelf he can't reach so I can take the glasses and plates from him. Heaven help me if I try to do any of it. 
13:30: We head upstairs for nap time. I read Sully a few books in his room and then I rock him while I sing him a song.

14:00: I head back downstairs where I tidy up the kitchen from lunch, read a few blog posts, answer some emails, group text with my friends, open up the mail (it was a good mail day!), and work on my own blog posts. 
15:30: I hear Sully through the baby monitor and see that he is jumping in his crib and throwing out all his toys. He's usually pretty content to play and jump in his crib for 30 minutes, so I never rush up to him until he starts calling out for me. By some great miracle, he has never once tried to climb out of his crib!

16:00: I head upstairs and get Sully out of his crib.
16:05: We throw in a load of laundry. It's Sully's clothes so he loads them all in without my help.
16:20: We head down to the kitchen for a snack. Cereal as per his request. I put away dishes that were in the drying rack. 

16:30: I start making apple butter. Sully works on his puzzles, destroys the family room and reads books to himself.
17:00: SPUD delivery arrives! Sully wastes no time digging into the blueberries.
18:00: We run out to get Jim from the train station (5 minutes away). He usually buses home, but it was raining all afternoon, so being the nice wife that I am, I offer to pick him up. 
18:20: Arrive back home. I ladle out the apple butter into jars (don't worry, I turned the stove off before I left), and Sully and Jim head out for a walk before we eat dinner. (Yes, we eat late). 

18:30 - 19:15: Call my mom to chat. Check emails and do more dishes while I wait for the boys to return home.

19:15: Get dinner on the table. A mishmash of roast chicken, perogies, and leftovers from last night.

20:00: Head upstairs to get Sully ready for bed. No bath tonight as it's too late. PJs on and I brush his teeth. We read a few books, rock and sing songs.

20:30: Lights out! I collapse in my bed and scroll Instagram for 20 minutes.

20:50 - 21:30: I go clean up the kitchen from supper, throw the laundry from the washing machine into the dryer and fold the towels that were in the dryer already.

21:30 - 22:30: Jim and I watch the latest episode of Bachelor in Paradise.

22:30 - 24:00: Me time! I read my latest book in bed before Jim makes me turn out the lights at midnight. 

And just like that, another day is done! 

For your reading pleasure - more 'A Day in the Life' posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment