1. Diana Gabaldon: 10 - I own 6 in hardcover and a few duplicates in paperback. Because who knows which format I'll want to read them in.
2. Robert Fulghum: 8 - I first discovered Fulghum's books when I was 14 and spent a good chunk of my summer vacation in Croatia on my grandparent's farm. Teenage me filled page after page in a journal reflecting on the wise words. Oh teenage me.
3. J.K. Rowling: 6 - All the Harry Potter books minus 1. Confession: I have yet to make my way through this entire series. Maybe when Sully is old enough to read the books with me?
4. Wally Lamb: 5 - The only one I haven't read is the collection of short stories by women from York Correctional Institution in Connecticut where Lamb taught (teaches?) a writing workshop.
5. Amy Tan: 5 - I love Amy Tan. Love her. Still keeping my eye out at thrift and second hand book stores for a hardcover copy of The Joy Luck Club.
6. Emily Giffin: 5 - One of my guilty, chick-lit pleasures.
I own 4 books of several other authors, so honourable mentions go to: Agatha Christie, Lori Lansens, Stephanie Meyer (I know, I know!), Christopher Paolini, Jenny Han, Nicholas Sparks (stop judging!), Jennifer Weiner, and Rebecca Wells.
Tell me: Which authors dominate your bookshelves? Let me know in the comments!