So let's get into it!
1. I hate getting sick. It's been almost two weeks now since I came down with a nasty cold, and I think I can safely say that I'm just about 100% better. It was a rough two weeks though! I've been tired, unmotivated, cranky and ready to feel like myself again. I'm lucky that I don't get sick very often, but I still hate it.
2. Unfortunately, because I've been feeling so unwell, my workouts have suffered. I'm just not one of those people who is able to push themselves to workout even though it might make me feel better. This is also the point in my life where I so often let a few missed workouts due to sick days/weeks turn into several weeks. I really struggle with this, but it's something I'm trying to work on. I have to admit, getting out of the house to workout works so much better for me. Once I'm at the gym, I'm not about to turn around and go home or not finish my workout class (which I am known to do with home workouts, ha!). Last night I scheduled in a workout for when Jim got home from work and I went to BodyPump at GoodLife Fitness. This class never fails to make me feel great and even though I have a few weeks to make up for, I love that you can just jump back into this class with just a few adjustments to your weights (if any).
3. I was going to have a post up this week for the online book club I keep talking about starting, but all of a sudden this month is almost over and I have a few books I need to get through for outside commitments by the end of March. The last thing I want is to not be able to read the book I pick! I'll have a post all about it in a few weeks so that we have 6 weeks to read the book and participate in a discussion. Stay tuned!
4. Do you ever wake up one day and all of a sudden hate your hair? Like, yesterday it was fine, but today it's not curling right and it needs to be hacked off immediately?! I'm at that point. I also think I'm ready to let several inches go again. Time for a freshening up!
5. My sister flew up for a visit this past weekend and even though I wasn't feeling great while she was here, we still tried to go to the movie How to Be Single. When we got to the theatre though, it was already sold out! I was sooo disappointed, especially since it was the only night that worked for us to go to a movie. Instead, we ended up watching Room at home and if you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it. If you've read the book (which I did and really enjoyed), then you'll be glad to know they did an exceptional job adapting the book to film. While it's a tough subject matter, it's done well, but it definitely made me emotional and I'm still thinking about it several days later. Brie Larson, who plays the young mom being held in captivity has been nominated for an Oscar for her role, but I totally think the young boy who player her son in the movie should have also been nominated! His performance was remarkable, honest and real. This article describes really well, the thought process behind nominating children for acting awards and the recognition this young boy has already received for his role in Room.
6. Have you seen this video by Walk Off the Earth of their cover of Adele's Hello? It's amazing and like all of their cover songs, I enjoy it more than the original! Sorry Adele lovers.
And....that's all I've got!
Have you seen or read Room? Thoughts??
Tell me something random!
*This post was written as part of the GoodLife Fitness Blogger Ambassador program, however all opinions expressed are my own.