It feels like so long ago I shared my April goals, yet I can't believe it's May already. I love May though. It's my favourite month of the year, and not just because it's my birthday month. Ok, partly because it's my birthday month. We were spoiled in April with amazing weather, but usually it's May where we finally have super warm days and can feel that summer is just around the corner. Mother's Day is also in May, so now my family has double the reason to celebrate me (not narcissistic at all over here!). And there's finally a long weekend again. So ya, I love you May!
Let's take a look at how I did in April before we get into May goals.
APRIL GOALS REVISITED
1. Work out every single day: DONE. I'll talk about this more in another post, but I'm happy to report that I've now "worked out" for 28 consecutive days. Anything from strength training, to long walks, running or just relaxation yoga. The goal is to get moving every single day.
2. Wake up at 7 every single day: I can confidently say this happened zero times. Haha!
3. Do one load of laundry every single day: I should have kept track. I don't remember. I know it wasn't every day, but I feel like I was on top of the laundry more than I usually am.
4. Watch one show or movie with my husband every second night: SUCCESS! Maybe not every second night, but we finished off season 5 of The Walking Dead, a few episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine and we watched 4 movies so I'm thinking we did pretty good.
5. Clean up the kitchen every evening: I still struggle with this. I did better than I normally do, but some nights I seriously just couldn't be bothered. I found listening to an audiobook or propping up my laptop so I could watch a show on Netflix while doing the dishes and tidying up made the experience much more enjoyable though!
So where does that leave me for May? Well, since I'm trying to build better habits in my daily life, I want to continue working on the above. I'm not ready to take a complete rest day from working out because I'm afraid I'll fall off the wagon again. I've been incorporating a lot of yoga this past month, and I'd like to keep that up. As for getting up early in the morning...I'm not sure if I will ever be able to make this happen, but it's still something I'm going to try for. But I'm also not beating myself up over not making it happen right now.
As for more specific goals, here they are:
1. Continue with my workout streak, but include a daily yoga practice.
I've discovered some neat yoga accounts on youtube and there are a lot of 30 day challenges out there. I'm going to do one from start to finish for 30 days (I haven't started yet though). I can either include it as my workout for the day, or as an addition to my daily workout.
2. Give my blog a makeover.
I've been wanting to purchase a new design for my blog for over a year now, and I have my eye on a few on etsy. It's not even the money, I'm just putting it off. But it's time for a refresh! Happy birthday to me!
3. Create blog categories and an About Me page.
I'm embarrassed to even make mention to the fact that I don't have an About Me page. Totally taboo, I know. But I think it's the hardest thing ever to write. I have a partially written one in drafts, but I cringe every time I read it over. Why is that? I talk about myself all the time on here!! It shouldn't be that hard to do.
4. Finish Sully's room.
The current bedroom Sully is in, needs a lot of work. It was painted a horrible colour, the closet needs to be redone and the light fixture switched out. So, we are in the process of painting the spare room next to his and will move him into that room when it's done. The closest also needs to be rebuilt. And then I need to find new curtains and decorate his room. He deserves a finished room, and I feel guilty that it's taken us a year to finally get started on this.
And that's it. Of course, I'll continue working on past goals, such as keeping on top of the laundry and tidying the kitchen every night, but if I listed every single thing I want to work on in my life, this post would never end.
May feels like such a busy month - I have 3 runs coming up, another fun group workout with the Blog Squad, my birthday, Mother's Day, and then Jim's folks arrive for the whole month of June! So if I can continue with my workout streak and new yoga challenge, I'll be happy with that!
Did you make monthly goals for May?
What's something you hope to achieve this month?