Synopsis from Goodreads:
Sisters Cassie and Sid Sunday have not done a bang-up job of keeping in touch. In their defense, it hasn’t been easy: life veered in sharply different directions for the once-close sisters. Today, beautiful and big-hearted Sid lives an expat’s life of leisure in far-off Singapore, while harried, iPhone-clutching Cassie can’t seem to make it work as a wife and a mom to twin toddlers in Manhattan. It doesn't help that Sid spurns all social media while Cassie is addicted to Facebook. So when Sid issues a challenge to reconnect the old-fashioned way—through real, handwritten letters—Cassie figures, why not? The experiment exceeds both of their expectations, and the letters become a kind of mutual confessional that have real and soul-satisfying effects. And they just might have the power to help Cassie save her marriage, and give Sid the strength to get her life back on track. But first, one of Cassie’s infamous lapses in judgement comes back to bite her, and all of the letters wind up the one place you’d never, ever want to see them: the Internet...
If you're new to book club, then welcome! You can read more about book club in this post, but here's the gist of it:
- Book Club for Keep Me Posted will be on Tuesday, August 16. My post with review and thoughts, along with some discussion questions, will go live the morning of. I know summer is busy so I figured an extra week to read this book would be nice.
- Come visit the post, share your feelings and opinions on the book and participate in the discussion! (Of course, participation isn't mandatory - you're more than welcome to just read along quietly!)
- There will be a link-up for bloggers who have written their own review post, or have reviewed the book in another post. You can use this graphic to link back, or grab my button from my side bar. Writing a post is totally optional and not mandatory.
- EVERYONE is welcome! You do not have to have a blog to participate. My blog is just the space where I host the book club, but I encourage everyone to join :)
- On August 16, we will vote for September's book pick. If you have any books you'd like to suggest for voting on, please let me know and I will try to include them!
- Most importantly, have fun! There's no pressure or obligation to "sign-up" or "RSVP". You can choose to read the book now, or closer to the date we meet to talk about it. It doesn't matter to me!
- For my local friends: there are 12 copies of Keep Me Posted at the Calgary Library, and there are currently 7 copies available at this time, so get your holds in! You can also order this book through Chapters (<---affiliate link), or Amazon.
I hope you'll be joining us this month! If you have any questions, please ask! Otherwise, happy reading and see you back here in 5 weeks to discuss Keep Me Posted!