Synopsis from Goodreads:
A mysterious island. An abandoned orphanage. A strange collection of curious photographs.
A horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for good reason. And somehow—impossible though it seems—they may still be alive.
A spine-tingling fantasy illustrated with haunting vintage photography, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children will delight adults, teens, and anyone who relishes an adventure in the shadows.
If you're new to book club, then welcome! You can read more about book club in this post, but here's the gist of it:
- Book Club for Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children will be on Wednesday, October 26. My post with review and thoughts, along with some discussion questions, will go live the morning of. This gives you exactly 4 weeks to read the book, which is plenty of time considering it's a young-adult book and has pictures in it ;)
- Come visit the post, share your feelings and opinions on the book and participate in the discussion! (Of course, participation isn't mandatory - you're more than welcome to just read along quietly!)
- There will be a link-up for bloggers who have written their own review post, or have reviewed the book in another post. You can use this graphic to link back, or grab my button from my side bar. Writing a post is totally optional and not mandatory.
- EVERYONE is welcome! You do not have to have a blog to participate. My blog is just the space where I host the book club, but I encourage everyone to join - tell your friends! :)
- On October 26, we will vote for November's book pick, and then book club will take a break until the new year. I'd like to do a Christmas or winter theme to the books we vote on, so if you have any books you'd like to suggest for voting on, please let me know and I will try to include them!
- Most importantly, have fun! There's no pressure or obligation to "sign-up" or "RSVP". You can choose to read the book now, or closer to the date we meet to talk about it. It doesn't matter to me!
- For my local friends: the hold list at the Calgary Library is ridiculously long. I'm sorry for that! You can also order this book through Chapters right now for $10 (<---affiliate link), or Amazon. I also see this book at Value Village a lot.
I hope you'll be joining us next month! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! Otherwise, happy reading and I can't wait to meet back in a month to talk about this book!