Synopsis from Goodreads:
A Christmas fling, or has Janie found the real thing?
Thirty-something hairdresser Janie Johnson's single status is a constant source of gossip for her friends and clients. So after too many nights in with her cat, a blind date disaster and news that her ex is getting married, Janie realises it's time to do something dramatic with her life. It's time for an adventure!
Leaving winter behind, Janie takes the plunge and books an exotic trip to Africa. Her friends think she's mad and Janie thinks they may very well be right . . . but then she falls head over heels for her tour guide - and fully fledged Maasai Warrior - Dominic. But can Janie now face spending a snowy Christmas back home without him?
Packed with unforgettable characters, romance and laughter, Wrapped Up In You is your very own perfect Christmas Carole!
If you're new to book club, then welcome! You can read more about book club in this post, but here's the gist of it:
- Book Club for Wrapped Up in You will be on Wednesday, December 7. My post with review and thoughts, along with some discussion questions, will go live the morning of. This gives you exactly 5 weeks to read the book.
- Come visit the post, share your feelings and opinions on the book and participate in the discussion! (Of course, participation isn't mandatory - you're more than welcome to just read along quietly!)
- There will be a link-up for bloggers who have written their own review post, or have reviewed the book in another post. You can use this graphic to link back, or grab my button from my side bar. Writing a post is totally optional and not mandatory.
- EVERYONE is welcome! You do not have to have a blog to participate. My blog is just the space where I host the book club, but I encourage everyone to join - tell your friends! :)
- Most importantly, have fun! There's no pressure or obligation to "sign-up" or "RSVP". You can choose to read the book now, or closer to the date we meet to talk about it. It doesn't matter to me!
- For my local friends: there are a few copies available at the Calgary Library. You can also order this book through Chapters right now, but they only have the ebook in stock, or Amazon.
It goes without saying that this will be the last book club of 2016! Thank you for everyone that has supported this little idea of mine by reading along, participating in the discussions and linking up! I've had so much fun this past year and I'm glad I was able to encourage some participation. If there's one thing I love more than reading, it's sharing my love of reading with other book worms :)
On that note, at this time, book club will not be resuming in January (so no vote for a book in December), as I am going to take a month or two (or maybe more) off from it after I have my baby. I still hope to get in reading when I can once baby joins our family, but like a lot of things in life when you have kids, you just never know what's going to happen or how crazy busy things will be! Hopefully we can start up again in the spring! In the meantime, I'm still planning to continue with my book posts where I talk about the books I've been reading, and as well, I share my most favourite reads on Instagram.
Happy reading! If you have any questions, let me know!