It's weird posting a weekend recap while on vacation because all the days feel like Saturday, with nothing to distinguish one day from another except for things like BINGO night (Tuesday nights), and about a million posts on Instagram reminding me that today is in fact Monday, and not Sunday, thank you Cyber Monday.
If you've been following along on our Florida adventures (#thefrasersvisitflorida) over on Instagram, then I apologize if a few of these are repeats, but nevertheless, here's a few snapshots from the fun we got up to over the past few days.
1. I'm counting Thursday as part of the weekend, since technically, down here, it was a long weekend (not that you'd ever know a long weekend from a regular one when you live in a retirement community!), and we celebrated with a full Thanksgiving dinner. Jim's dad cooks a mean turkey and even better stuffing, so getting to have this meal a second time this year where someone cooks it for you, was just plain awesome.
2. On Friday we spent the evening walking along the beach as the sun was starting to go down. Sully loved walking in the water and wasn't afraid of the waves at all (which I'm not sure is a good thing yet since I'm pretty confident he would run right into the ocean if we let him!).
3. The weather here in Florida has been exceptional, with the past several days in the high 20s (low 80s for you American folk), and we've been sure to get over to the pool on a few separate occasions. Jim and I even snuck over for a few hours while Sully napped on Saturday which means I finally had time to pick up my book! I felt this title was very fitting for bringing with me on vacation.
4. Saturday nights are a popular time to head down to the beach as everyone gathers around while people drum in a big circle. Families bring chairs, wine and snacks, and children run around dancing and playing. It's a lot of fun and this weekend's sunset also didn't disappoint.
5. On Sunday, Jim and I ran out to a few stores on our own, making sure to include a stop at Trader Joe's. In Canada, Chapters is my happy place, in America, Trader Joe's does it for me. We stocked up on groceries for the week and I made sure to grab some of my favourite non-perishable items to take back to Canada with me.
We still have another week left in paradise and I'm now at the point where I'm trying to will time to slow down. The sun sets here early (which is no different than back home), but it definitely makes the days feel short. I'm not ready to come back to the freezing temperatures!
Hope you all had a great weekend!