So, here's the condensed version of how the Frasers spent 2016!
- Tried snowshoeing for the first time while also carrying Sully!
- Went on a girls only weekend retreat to the mountains with the Alberta Adventure Girls. Snowshoed to Chester Lake which is a 10k+ roundtrip!
- Weekend trip to BC with Jim to visit my sister and Saigon
- Celebrated Sully's second birthday with family and friends
- My best friend Karen and her three kids drove down from Edmonton to see our house and spend the weekend with us
- Spent the day in the mountains with friends
- Started a virtual/online book club, A Slice of Brie Book Club (although, currently on hiatus)
- Shared my breastfeeding journey and celebrated nursing Sully for just over two years
- Celebrated our first Easter in Calgary with my sister-in-law and nephews
- Spent a weekend in Edmonton visiting my dad and brother and met up with some of my oldest girlfriends
- Tried my first Orange Theory Fitness class (and loved it!)
- Found out I was pregnant! (but didn't announce this until several weeks later).
- Went to my first Surf Set Fitness class and loved it!
June went completely undocumented as I took a mini break from the blog while Jim's folks were visiting us for the month. We took them to Waterton and Canmore, which thankfully I documented on Instagram. I also was completed exhausted in June thanks to first trimester problems!
- Ran my last race of the year on Canada Day, the Spruce Meadows Heroes Behind the Heroes obstacle course run (no review)
- Celebrated living in Calgary for one year!
- We went to the Stampede for the second year in a row!
- Went on our first camping trip with Sully to Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park
- Announced the sex of our baby with a fun photoshoot
- Tried my first AntiGravity Fitness class
- Jim went to Vegas on a guy's trip so my mom came for another visit to keep Sully and I company
- Spent Thanksgiving weekend in Red Deer
- Sully's third Halloween!
- Stuck close to home, worked on projects around the house as we prepared for baby's arrival!
- Celebrated Christmas at our place with family and friends
- And the best part of 2016: I HAD A BABY!
And that's a wrap! I'm not sure what 2017 has in store for us exactly, but I'm looking forward to finding out!
What's your best memory from 2016?